Saturday 22 June 2024

Use of cinematography throughout my short film

  How did I use cinematography?

When looking at my short film “Upon Fate” I have noticed I have added many elements of cinematography throughout. I have used cinematography as a creative effect and a way to help my audience stay engaged with my short film. I have shown this many ways throughout my short film, the pictures below show me shooting for my short film “Upon Fate” with the lighting equipment I have set up on set with my actor performing. 


As we can see I have used all sorts of different equipment:


 


  • Green screen : When using a green screen it helped me be able to create a story with whatever setting I would desire. Which is good since it’ll pull my audience in with a different fictional setting that I can use.

  • Studio fill : I have used a studio fill setup which helps the lighting to be on all areas of the scene which is consistent. This will help my scene stand out to the audience with no pieces being out of place.

  • Boom arm spotlightings : The reason why I have used these lights is because they’ll give the type of brightness that I wanted. This is because it’ll also have the same lighting as the green screen background that I have chosen. This will help me during post-production since I won’t have to edit/colour correct as much. 


Using each of these aspects in my short film has helped my short film stand out and help the audience pay attention throughout. Here are some of the different techniques I have used in my short film for cinematography to make my short film more interesting:















No comments:

Post a Comment

How I used cinematography

  How did I use cinematography? When looking at my short film “Upon Fate” I have noticed I have added many elements of cinematography throug...